The State of Sunshine

This blog has been moved to www.stateofsunshine.com

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Murman v Storms -- the TV War has begun

I saw my first Sandy Murman commercial tonight. Looks like she bought BrightHouse cable for this (although I am not in that district). [The commercial is available in WMV format on Sandy's website .] Here is the text:
Opening shot of Sandy talking to Seniors --- "Sandy Murman has been a strong voice for our conservative values. Protecting the rights of parents by passing legislation ... " (transition to Sandy talking to teenage girls) " ... requiring teenage girls to tell their parents before receiving an abortion ... " (shot of family, father tossing football to 10-yr-old son while walking) " ... defining marriage as between one man and one woman ... " (shot of mother and baby girl) " ... Ensuring the safety of our children by fighting to toughen penalties for sexual predators ... " (shot of sandy talking to young girl, flags imposed... banner read by announcer) "... Sandy Murman, conservative and effective." The graphic at the end reads: Sandy Murman. The Conservative and Effective Republican.
Since I don't live in that district, this is the first TV I have seen on it. It's possible that there are other commericals, but since Sandy reported $300,000 and Ronda reported $89,000 last reporting period -- it could just be the opening salvo. This is a race I will watch with great interest. FYI - Ronda Storms website is here.