The State of Sunshine

This blog has been moved to www.stateofsunshine.com

Friday, August 11, 2006

Remembering 2,996

Next month, on the fifth anniversary of the worst terrorist attack on this country, bloggers across the United States are honoring the victims of 9-11. A website has been set up to coordinate these tributes, with each of the 2,996 victims being honored by a different blogger.
The idea is simple, but powerful: have a special tribute for each victim of 9/11, with each tribute being created by a different blogger. We started 2,996 Project to coordinate the creation of the tributes, and that's what this site is all about. Here you can sign up to make a tribute yourself, on your blog (we'll randomly assign a victim to you). You can also browse or search through either the victims that have already been assigned, or those that have not -- and you can get pointers to more information on all of them.
I am fortunate to say that I did not personally know any of the victims or their families. However, to honor their memory, I am participating in this project. I have been selected to honor Laura Angilletta, a 23-year-old clerk for Cantor Fitzgerald. If you are a fellow blogger, please consider checking out the 2,996 website and signing up. Not every victim has a blogger to honor their lives.